Re: Document to describe 755cx conversion to win/95?

> From owner-thinkpad@cs.utk.edu Fri May 10 18:07:42 1996
> To: ivo@next.agsm.ucla.edu, TP750@cs.utk.edu
> Subject: Re: Document to describe 755cx conversion to win/95?
>
> At 03:23 PM 5/10/96 -0700, Ivo Welch wrote:
> >
> >Has anyone written up a guide to putting win/95 up on the 755cx?  In
> >particular, I would like to know about
> >	[a] necessary BIOS upgrades
> >	[b] necessary drivers  (mwave, svga)
> >	[c] any other things to watch out.
> >How big is Win/95?

I found the write up on the IBM Web site pretty accurate. I just upgraded mine
about 2 weeks ago and did not have any problem. I had a tp755cx with an external
SCSI cdrom. In the write up, they will tell you what BIOS to upgrade etc..
One slight discrepencany what that the write up ask you to attach the thinkpad
to AC but did not say you should fully charge the battery. However, when
doing the BIOS upgrade, the screen says make sure the battery are fully charged.
I took the advice and back off and fully charged the battery first. I am
not sure if this would have helped though.

-William