Greetings!

Hi.  My name is Frank Sheeran.  I am a software consultant specializing
in high-performance soft real-time applications on Unix.  Stuff like
stock trading systems for banks, etc.  I work in London, Zurich, and
Tokyo, so I got a laptop to tote around.

I have just gotten a 760CD with 40MB, 1.2GB, 12.1" 800x600, 120MHz, CD.
First thing I did is rip out the German OS/2 and put on Windows 95 and
Linux.  The initial installation went fine - two OS plus Orifice 95 in
about 50 minutes.  However, the details are still shoddy.

First, hardware:  It came with a Swiss German keyboard.  I told both OS's
that it is a US keyboard, and to the extent I can touch type punctuation
I am fine.  However,  I would like a US keyboard for it.  Is this a
simple swap?

Next, docs:  I wouldn't mind a set of English or Japanese docs, as I
have no German...

Next, Linux.  I have the following questions:

    1) What type CD do I have.  Neither the SCSI nor IDE CD kernels
       recognize it.
    2) I think a file on the FD became invisible to Linux for a bit, and
       a FD I/O error showed up a few minutes later.  Does the 760CD's FD
       need any special drivers or flags?
    3) I don't know what "kind of mouse" the nipple is.  I guess I need to
       know the kernel support side, and the protocol to tell gkm (the
       console selector, I might have the name wrong) and XFree86.
    4) I have worked up to the point of getting video garbage with XFree86,
       but gotten a "real picture".  I am telling it I have the Trident 8900
       or 9000 chipset, but I really have the 9320.  If this chip isn't
       a strict superset of the 8900 or 9000, then I need to get the 3.1.2b
       server, apparently, but I can't find it anywhere.
       Otherwise, the problem must be with the clocks line.  Probing isn't
       giving me exciting looking numbers, so does someone have a working
       XF86Config for this?

Thanks for the help...

Frank Sheeran