Zip drive

Hi all,

Yesterday I went looking for a backup medium which could
be attached to the parallel port of my ThinkPad 701C. I
knew tape drives existed, and had heard something of
EZ drives, but the only thing I could find was a
Zip drive from iomega. The brochure says it "works like
a hard drive", can store 100MB on a single disk,
has a throughput of up to 20MB/min, sustained transfer
rate of up to 1.25 MB/s(?), seek time of 29 ms, average
start/stop time of 5/3 s.

Does anybody know this drive? How do the specs compare
to those of a tape drive or EZ drive (of around $300)?
And how much does such a drive cost in the US?

Suggestions for other devices (also SCSI, not too expensive)?

Thanks, Maurice
--
Maurice klein Gebbinck <mauricek@cs.kun.nl>
University of Nijmegen, Computing Science Institute