Ugh! On power management, memory, exclusions and IBMAV

I an rather confused, I have my thinkpad plugged into the wall power adapter
and
have set the power management for external power to Custom and have cranked
the times way up like 35 minutes to suspend, 45 minutes to sleep and yet it
still acts like it is running under batery power, the light for the external
charge is on on the light bar at the hinge.  I even rebooted to make sure
the bios changes took.  Are these settings supposed to be made in the
config/autoexec files?

On IBM AV, all of the sudden I am being told that the program is too big for
my available memory: I have no pcmcia supprort, no other drivers, in fact
the mem.exe tells me that I have 611k of memory available and largest
program size is 610k.  What is going on?  I am using the original config.sys
and autoexec.bat files, I have attached them as well.

Windows now tells me that it can not run because it needs an exclusion at
B007, even though I have it excluded in the emm386 line. Huh?

If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.  I am rather
frazzled and discouraged at this point, I am contemplating to wipe the HD
and start over from scratch.

Sincerely,
REM TP701
@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $p$g
PATH=C:\;C:\DOS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\CCMOBILE;C:\COMPEL;C:\THINKPAD;
SET TEMP=C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
SET IBMAV=C:\DOS
SET IPF_PATH=C:\IPFWIN
SET COMSPEC=C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM

REM to disable write caching, remove '+' from the following line
LOADHIGH C:\DOS\SMARTDRV.EXE C+

LOADHIGH C:\DOS\MOUSE.COM /Y
LOADHIGH C:\DOS\DOSKEY.COM
LOADHIGH C:\DOS\SHARE.EXE /F:4000 /L:40
CALL C:\DOS\IBMAVDR.BAT C:\DOS\
REM following line erases OS/2 swapper.dat file not used in DOS/WINDOWS
CALL C:\SCREENS\ER_SYS.EXE
WIN

DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS
DOS=HIGH,UMB
FILES=30
BUFFERS=10
STACKS=9,256
SHELL=C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM C:\DOS /P
DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE NOEMS I=B000-B7FF X=CC00-CFFF
DEVICEHIGH=C:\THINKPAD\IBMDSS01.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\THINKPAD\IBMDOSCS.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\THINKPAD\DICRMU01.SYS /MA=CC00-CFFF /SH=1
DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS\POWER.EXE
DEVICEHIGH=C:\THINKPAD\AUTODRV.SYS C:\THINKPAD\AUTODRV.INI
REM
REM UN'REM' THE FOLLOWING LINE FOR PCMCIA ATA SUPPORT
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\THINKPAD\DISKDRV.SYS
REM UN'REM' THE FOLLOWING LINE FOR A SPECIFIC DOS VERSION SUPPORT
REM DEVICEHIGH=C:\DOS\SETVER.EXE
Dennis

Dennis Pantazis				My opinions and ideas are my own, and
<pantazis@uiuc.edu>			can not be interpreted as extensions of the
Graduate Student in Civil Engineering		University's official policies,
untill they
University of Illinois-Urbana			decide my ideas are worth money to the
(the Extended Tour of Duty continues)		institution.

You  can see us at http://www.students.uiuc.edu/~pantazis !!!!!