Re: 701 case

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, Marc Weidenbaum wrote:

> I have a 701, and I'd like to get some sort of case in which to carry it.
> Preferably, something padded. The WetSuits don't come in a 701 size, and
> IBM only offers two options: the dayplanner-style "binder" and a large
> leather bag. I'd appreciate advice from any 701 owners who have found a
> good alternative to IBM's offerings.

  I purchased a WetSuit 1.0 for my TP701CS, and it fits comfortably with
a side pouch able to hold the adapter and floppy drive (with a little
bulging). This has been fine for carrying the machine in my backpack
without having to worry about it getting scraped up. At first I was
disappointed that the WetSuit wouldn't stay attached to the case when the
ThinkPad was open, as it was advertised to do. Then I thought - neoprene
is used in wetsuits because it keeps HEAT IN! Maybe it would be wise to
remove this foam rubber before powering up!
  Anyway, I'm happy with the WetSuit 1.0. It is plenty big and cost $40
at Fry's. If you want smaller, there are the smaller sizes 2 and 3.

       - Chris