755cd & linux

i'm going to put linux on a spare hdd to test it on my 755cd.  i'm sure it's
tricky & i don't want to bog this list down with every snag i run into.  does
anyone know of a source of all or most of the instructions for doing this?
something like the 'thinkpad win95 page,' which worked wonders for me, would be
perfect.

i'll be doing the nt workstation next, so if you've got that too, i'd
appreciate it.

thanks in advance,

Michael J. Verne
michael_verne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/
Saying Yahoo or Lycos is your favorite [web] site is like saying the Yellow
Pages is your favorite book.
   --John Dvorak, PC Computing:  March '96