Zenith Z-player

Hello,

I recently bought a Z-Player for my TP701 (well, the price was good).
After adding a couple of switches to the pcmcia drivers, I can see the
cdrom under DOS and windows. Trouble is, I can't stop the audio portion
of the Z-player from interfering with the Thinkpad's built in audio
(sounds won't play when the Z-player is plugged in). I could disable the
TP audio, but if I did that I'd only have sound when the Z-player was
attached (wouldn't I?).

Does anyone know of a way to keep the TP audio and just use the CD-ROM
portion of the z-player? I asked IBM and Zenith but they didn't know if
it was possible.

TIA,

Michael