Re: Micron Millennia Transport P133 review (fwd)

"I've been waiting for months for a 760CD-120 model I ordered and
now it appears that this model will be "old" even before it's
available.  The newer 760ED is suppose to be a PCI-bus 133Mhz
Pentium version similar to the Micron machine, but if IBM does
their normal production turnaround, it probably won't be available
for many months...just in time to be behind everyone else again. :-("

Your problem, and your impression that IBM is later than everyone else
comes from the fact that you order the macine and wait. BIG MISTAKE.
I have always been able to buy thinkpads days after they were announced,
from stores that had them in stock. If you have been waiting months
for the 760CD-120, then you ordered it before it was officially
available. That's a mistake I think. The 760CD-120 is in stock, or
was a couple of weeks ago, at several New York stores.

Is the Micron Millenium machine actually available? Just because PC magazine
got one to review does not mean that it is! Certainly I can't buy it in
any stores here in NYC.

My advice is, cancel your 760CD order, and wait till the 760ED comes into
stores, and buy one then. You will probably get a machine earlier and you
will get a more powerful machine.