need help with W95/LPT1

I tried something in that I found in the Compuserve Canon forum - I changed the LPT1
device to "de-select" automatic settings in the resources tab in my control panel.  This
unfortunately caused major problems.  i reversed what I did and lost my LPT1
port completely.  I tried re-installing new hardware and this did not work.  I then
tried reinstalling W95 (by running setup.exe off disk A) but my system hangs.  I am
using a thinkpad 360c laptop.

I would call IBM Helpline but they usually wash their hands of any W95 problems.

Does anybody know what I can do to get my LPT1 port back up and running?

Thanks in advance

David Crombie
dcrombie@cadvision.com