Re: battery replacement under warr?

>A few people have reported success in getting IBM to replace their
>batteries for their 750s under warr, and I was looking for some tips
>on the best approach - one of my two batteries won't take a charge at
>all and the other never gets above the yellow/orange light for "low"
>charge. At $170 for the second one, I'd damn well like it to work!
>
>So those of you who called, did you call the standard 1800-772-2227
>and just tell them your batt was b0rked or what?
>Don Whiteside, professional computer jockey. Kids, don't try this at home
>Penis ownership is not a prerequisite to technological competence." - Me

I had a long discussion with the Finnish product manager of TP products.
He told me that it is printed in the product specifications that the battery
only has one year warranty while the rest of the unit has 3 years. I don't
have the specifications at hand so I really cannot argue with him. I've
tried to have the battery replaced on two different TP750 units through
different vendors with no luck.
I wonder if any one on the net has seen this limitation of the warranty or
is this something IBM tells me in the hope of incresing the sales?

BTW, here, the TP750 battery is considerabely cheaper when purchased as a
spare part as opposed to a "second battery".

-antti