ThinkPad 755CD Trackpoint/Mouse conflict .. problem SOLVED

This is a GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS situation.

The conflict I found with the external mouse was resolved (good news). It was
resolved by using an IBM logo'd mouse (bad news). Some (many?) otherwise
totally standard PS/2 mice will probably work inconsistently with the ThinkPad
(at least the 755CD). If you are lucky, you may get one that works. I got lucky
by using an IBM logo'd one.

Thanks...
Mike Redmond