TP 701 - no LCD

I have a strange problem with my new TP701Cs: The LCD is not
available. That is: the machine starts, counts the memory and then the
screen goes blank. If you call the configuration utility the screen
is available. On leaving the configuration utility the screen
goes blank again, regardless of the setting (LCD and CRT or
just LCD).

This is what I did prior to this peculiar phenomenon: I reformatted
the HD, partitioned it, installed the Warp Bootmanager and then
PC-Dos 6.3. I didn't continue with the Warp Installation due to the
problem.

Is it a Bios problem? The configuration utility says: Bios revision
12/15/95 BUTUS30.

Your help will be appreciated

Christoph Eyrich

-----