Re: Panasonic to Zip

> That brings up another point. While these adapters aren't *hugely* expensive,
> it may turn the tide to getting a SCSI pc card that comes with them and
> everything
> else you need instead of buying this and that here and there to make the
> panasonic CD's card work with another drive.

On a tp750, I have successfully used the Panasonic SCSI card with:
  the panasonic CD player
  a SCSI Zip unit
  a toshiba 4x CD ROM
  a 1.2G SCSI drive

In all cases I loaded the ASPI driver that came with the card/cd. The
zip I had to run the program that comes with it to add a drive
letter, the drive I had to run the drive driver that comes with
Adaptec's EZ-SCSI software and the Toshiba worked with both the
Panasonic CD driver and with the EZ-SCSI driver. (Apparently the
Panasonic driver is a generic auto-sensing driver)

Also, I looked up Cables America: 1-800-348-USA4.

They sell 2 adaptors, both $35. The one to use the panasonic card
with a centronics device is the Micro DB50F<-->C50M, I believe. They
will, no doubt, be happy to send you a catalog.
Don Whiteside, professional computer jockey. Kids, don't try this at home
Penis ownership is not a prerequisite to technological competence." - Me