701C Battery Discharge

	Hello all,
	I seem to remember seeing John Kim mentioning a similar problem
with his 701 on comp.sys.laptops, but not recieving any answer.
Synopsis:
	My system has lately, on an intermittent basis, been shutting off
with the claim that the battery's discharged, despite displaying an
almost full charge only seconds before.  I called IBM tech Monday, and
they seem to feel I'd set up conflicting parameters in the BIOS.  (I
recently flashed up to 3o).  While I did have battery mode set for
Power Saver with sound, pcmcia, and modem off and AC mode for
everything on and processor set to 25/50, I don't see how that could
cause a problem.
	I shuffled the settings and things have been fine until today, when
the laptop again shut off moments after reading that it had a 1:16
charge left.  Since then, it's been fine, but I called IBM and now
they want me to EZServe it.
	To me, this doesn't sound like hardware, because the problem is
intermittent.  It can't be the battery, I have to NiMHs and a "super"
NiCad and it's done this to all of them.  One tech implied the system
isn't charging properly due to the DCD (?) card, and I have noticed
that I have to jiggle the adapter a little to get the charging light
to come on.  Only other symptom I've noticed is occasional mouse
rebellion - occasionally, while scrolling a document, the screen keeps
scrolling after I stop clicking.  Other times, during mouse-intensive
operations, the system has locked up and had to reboot.  This as all
been since Monday.
	Any input?
	Emanuel
epbrown@suba.com