Re: How to 28.8Kbps on Megahertz XJ2288 PCMCIA Modem?

At 10:12 AM 3/1/96 -0500, you wrote:

>With the Mwave modem, I always connect with my host at 28800 bps.
>
>With the XJ2288 modem, only rarely do I connect at 28800.  Most of the time it
>connects at 26400 and sometimes at even lower speeds.

Ric,

What firmware revision are you running?  Some of the later flash upgrades
solve connectivity problems but the resulting carrier speed is a trade-off.
With that being said, you should keep in mind that v.34 carriers re-train
regularly, and line conditions are such that a 28.8 connection rarely
maintains itself at that speed anyway.

-Mike
---
Michael Klenner                          East: klennerm@is.nyu.edu