Re: A question on use of external monitors with TP755C

>  I have a ThinkPad 755C and a Dock II docking station.  I have a
>  reasonably nice NEC MultiSync XE17 monitor attached to the Dock II.
>
>  However, I have been unable to date to get the monitor to display
>  at anything other than a 60Hz vertical scan rate.
>
>  Is it possible to cause an external monitor attached to a Dock II
>  and TP755C to display at a more reasonable scan rate, such as 72Hz?

I am using TP750Cs without docking station. Sometimes the TP will be
attached to a SONY Multiscan 15sf monitor. Running Windows 95 at VGA mode
flicker is noticeable. At 800X600 256 color and the flicker is pronounced.

Someone told me to try the IBM video utility to change to higher scan rate
configuration. After tuning it becomes flicker free even at 800X600. I've
tried 1024X768 but the rate cannot go beyond 60Hz. The flicker is still
noticeable. So I stick to 800X600 instead. The utility program will insert
the line below into the CONFIG.SYS. It runs before Win95 loads itself. I
haven't tried OS/2, though.

The video utility version is 1.33 dated 12-05-94. It was
downloaded from ftp://ftp.pcco.ibm.com/pub/mobiles/vftps133.exe

DEVICE=C:\IBMVESA\VESA.EXE

Eric Wong