A question on use of external monitors with TP755C

  Gentlepeople,

  I apologize if this question has been addressed on this mailing list
  before now.

  I have a ThinkPad 755C and a Dock II docking station.  I have a
  reasonably nice NEC MultiSync XE17 monitor attached to the Dock II.

  However, I have been unable to date to get the monitor to display
  at anything other than a 60Hz vertical scan rate.

  Is it possible to cause an external monitor attached to a Dock II
  and TP755C to display at a more reasonable scan rate, such as 72Hz?

  Many thanks for any guidance,
     Jim

Jim Melton ---  Senior Architect, Standards            Phone: +1.801.942.0144
Sybase, Inc.                                     Email: jim.melton@sybase.com
1930 Viscounti Drive                       X/Open email: j.melton@xopen.co.uk
Sandy, UT 84093              Fax (by prior arrangement only): +1.801.942.3345
USA