RE: Thinkpad 755CX & Win95 Performance...

At 8:49 AM 2/19/96, King, Randall wrote:
>I don't know if that is a symptom of '95 or not.  Were you using the built
>in FTP client that comes in '95?  For some reason that version is a real
>resource pig.  I had the same degradation in performace when I used FTP (and
>telnet!) on my desktop (using PPP), so I switched over to WS_FTP32.
> Everything runs fine and dandy now.  I never use the 'built in' 95 winsock

>Hope that helps....
>RK

        While you're on the subject, can I ask for suggestions for Telnet
apps?  I hate the one that comes with Win '95.

        Names & FTP sites would be appreciated.    :-)

-----
Randy Whittle           whittle@usc.edu         http://www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle
USC Graduate School of Business
 "Did you really think you could call up the Devil and ask him to behave?"

     -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner