Re: thinkpad 760c speed

Lee Hetherington <ilh@goldilocks.lcs.mit.edu> wrote:
|> The thing is that it is at least 30-40% slower than a desktop 90MHz
|> pentium Intel machine we have around here.  Does that make sense?

One thing to consider is that some of the power-saving modes ratched the
CPU *way* down (like, to 1/16th speed). I don't know how this all works
with the TP, but with my 755cx "the impression I have" is that settings are
as they were last set by the DOS/Windoze tools. When I set the screen blank
or hyper-nate settings from Windoze, they seem to persist across reboots to
Linux (I boot Linux only via DOS, so perhaps there is some effect there).

Anyway, it might be that you're in a power-saving slooooooooow mode.
Worth a look, at least.

	Jeffrey
Jeffrey Friedl <jfriedl@omron.co.jp> Omron Corp, Nagaokakyo, Kyoto 617 Japan
See my Jap<->Eng dictionary at http://www.wg.omron.co.jp/cgi-bin/j-e