anyone get an X server running on a 760C?

Hi all,

I'm new to linux and am trying to get X running on my 760c (800x600)
but am running into all kinds of problems.  Many of these might just be
my lack of experience with linux and XFree86.

Anyways, I installed Slackware 3.0.0 (kernel 1.2.13) and XFree86 3.1.2
(ELF).  Linux seems okay and I can run X things displayed elsewhere.
I'm having trouble with the X server.

I am using XF86_SVGA.  SuperProbe reveals:

First video: Super-VGA
        Chipset: Trident LCD9320
        Memory:  1024 Kbytes
        RAMDAC:  Sierra SC1148{2,3,4} 15-bit or SC1148{5,7,9} 15/16-bit HiColor
                 (with 6-bit wide lookup tables (or in 6-bit mode))

I can't find anything about this chipset in the XF86 documentation.

Has anyone been able to get a 760c going with X?  If so, could you send
me email about your configuration?

I can get some output on the display, but it is sized incorrectly and
interlaced.  I have no idea what to do with my modelines.