Re: Gold service

I have a 755cx so maybe IBM has changed their service policy, but
don't you get the 3-year EasyServe warranty with your 760? If so, how
much better is the Gold Service that it would justify an extra $169?

Also, As off January 1 PC Direct no longer sells ThinkPad's (at least ac
cording to the Rep I spoke with last week). While they can still refer y
ou to the proper resource, they are out of the laptop business. Pity
because our company purchased our 7 755cx's, plus peripherals,  from
PCDirect and were generally pleased with the service and prices. I guess
 the independent dealers got greedy for the big markups TP's offeer and
pressed IBM to give them everything.

Joseph C. Wilson
jcwilso@ibm.net Badger Valve & Fitting Milwaukee, WI