XFree86 on the TP-750Cs

I'm again asking for help from anyone who has got XFree86 running on a
tp750Cs.  I've read the Linux/Thinkpad web pages, I've read the
XFree86 doc, I've downloaded (and run) tpdualscan, and I've
experimented with my XF86Config file.  For example, last night I spent
about two hour trying all the different "640x480" modelines
"modeDB.txt" --- finding about four that ran (but none well).  Today
they failed --- and I have no idea why (although I am wearing
different socks).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

--
Peter Olsen, P.E.,                                        pcolsen@acm.org
        P.O. Box 410, Simpsonville, MD 21150-0410 USA, 410-997-8584