Re: tp750 digest for Sat, 20 Jan 1996

On Sat, 20 Jan 1996 12:15:23 -0500, Michael Redmond <redmond@engr.wisc.edu>
wrote:
>My 755CD seems to do a bad job with Suspend under Win 95, especially when
>the power supply is attached.

Although my symptoms aren't as bad as yours, my ThinkPad 755CX running
Windows 95 also behaves differently with the AC attached.  Without the AC,
everything works as expected.  With the AC, I can suspend, but cannot
hibernate.  Also, I have safe suspend turned on, and when I suspend without
AC, all works as expected; without AC, the machine suspends, but doesn't save
the safe-suspend file.

My workaround, as yours, is to unplug the AC before I need to hibernate or
safe-suspend.  As soon as the machine starts writing the hibernation file, I
can plug it back in again.  I don't have the problem of the workaround
becoming unreliable after a couple of times.

It is pretty clear there are some bugs here.  Is there anyone on the list who
has the werewhithal to pass them on to appropriate persons?

Be seeing you...
--Lang

ITC Consulting Group      integrated communication consulting services
915 Cole Street #151      internet publishing * networks * training * design
San Francisco, CA 94117   +1 800 673 7172 (outside USA call +1 415 861 7688)
itc@apocalypse.org        http://www.apocalypse.org/pub/itc/