Re: NiMH Battery

Final Note in the thinkpad battery story:

I went down to the IBM service ctr today with my old battery and thinkpad in
hand. 10 minutes later I was walking out with a free new battery, and some
complimentary cat-tongue-caps.

My original assumption was that batteries would
not be covered under warrenty due to their "consumable" nature. I was
pleasantly surprised when they were happy to replace it (the machine is 10
months old).

So - now I have two new batteries - the one I bought as a replacement ($200
CDN), and the warrenty replacement.

I'm pretty happy.

Murray

P.S. - the fellow at the service center was a little confused when he booted
my machine and saw Linux come up :-)