RE: vendor for hard drives

At 11:28 96/01/08 MET, you wrote:
>> drive to the vendor. Do you mean it is possible to put the new drive into the
>> old caddy even the pin position does not fit?
>>

>In my case the OEM drive had a very sloppy metal case, both on my own
>TP755C and the organisations' TP 755-Pentium i have to use a litte
>force to switch, but it works okay. My question is about procedures
>for usin a 3d party drive, when I believe we have to solve the
>case.problem (easy) and the cable problem (difficult ?) or is the 750
>cable a de facto standard on 2,5 drives ???

I found only the old model of the 750 drive, may be only those early models,
differs from other vendors. I've tried Toshiba and Quantum too. All
the pin configuration are the same, except the old 750 drive. One pair
of pins shift one position. I've changed to the new drive now. Thanks for
the advices.

Eric Wong