RE: vendor for hard drives

At 10:27 95/11/30 +0100, you wrote:
>>> Subject:       RE: vendor for hard drives

>>The shell is very good, I used it instead of the sheet metal and got
>>a much more quiet system. But to fit a high capacity drive would
>>mean to slovethe connector-problem as well, and that do not seem easy
>>to me.
>I assume the connector problem you are refering to is the pin offset
>problem, where the ribbon cable had to be twisted slightly to get them to
>match the later drive.  It is my understanding that this was only a problem
>with the early 750's, and that the later factory tp drives had cables that
>were compatible with the aftermarket IBM drives.  Please correct me if I'm
>wrong.

I read your letter regarding the problem that had troubled me some time.
I am using TP750 with a 170MB hard disk, the P/N is 66G3767. When I bought a
540MB IBM OEM drive I discovered the pin position of the new drive differs
from the old one. I dare not to push it hard into the caddy. So I returned the
drive to the vendor. Do you mean it is possible to put the new drive into the
old caddy even the pin position does not fit?

Thank in advance for your advice.

Eric