Re: emm386 error

Don,

> On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, Patrick Hong wrote:
>
> > I've had this problem before and I found out that it was due to a faulty memory
> > card.  I returned it for a new one and poof!... the problem disappeared!
>
> Oh damn. I think the company I bought the memory from is out of business.
> *cry* I do NOT want to have to buy a new 8M card.....
>
> Anyone know of someplace I can get this memory tested in a prompt manner?

I use Qualitas 386Max program which helped me to diagnose a problem with faulty
memory.  The funny thing is, I realized my memory was corrupted whenever my
available RAM or resources dropped to a particular level.  Not that I was out
of either by any means, but that a particular address would always cause the
the whole system to crash... then resulting in an EMM386 error #6.

Hope this helps... patrick

        Patrick Hong Systems Management & Consulting Inc.

        phong@phsmc.synapse.net            (613) 769-1544