Anyone get Linux working on TP 760?

If you have a ThinkPad 760 and are trying to get Linux running on it,
I'd like to talk to you.  I've got most things working, but I'm having
some maddening trouble:

* The serial port loses considerable data on reception at high speeds.

* PCMCIA modems lose in the same way, probably for the same reason.

* Our PCMCIA network cards have a strange latency, coupled with
  throughputs between 2 to 5 times slower than they should be.

None of this happens under DOS or OS/2 with the same hardware, or when
running the same PCMCIA cards under the same Linux version on my TP
755C, so I'm convinced it's a problem specific to the TP 760 hardware.

I've run out of ideas and could use some new ones.