Re: 32-bit Disk Access Question with E-IDE drives

"....I was wondering if you need to use a different 32 bit disk access driver
for
Windows 3.1x for enabling 32 bit disk access using a 540+ E-IDE hard drive.
I'm thinking of purchasing a 810 Toshiba slimline and initially I'll have to
install Win 3.1x.
I know that Win95 supports 32 bit disk access automatically but Win3.1x
supposedly needs an updated 32 bit disk access driver to use it. Can anyone
confirm this for me? What drivers are people using for enabling 32 bit access
under Win3.1x with a larger drive?...."

~~~~

i'd be interested to hear the answer to this, because it's been my experience
that eide controllers don't require 32-bit disk access.  i've been told it's
because they already send 32-bit streams anyway.  i didn't think this had
anything to do with drives larger than 527MB, other than the fact that eide
introduced both changes at the same time.

Michael J. Verne
michael_verne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group
http://www.vmedia.com/michaelv/