Help: my mouse pointer is possessed

I am new to this group so I apologize in advance if this question
has already been answered here.

The mouse pointer seems to have a mind of its own and starts
running up or left on the screen at what seems to be random times.
This only happens when the trackpointer and the MS mouse are
connected/enabled at the same time.  Machine/environment:
755CD, Dock II, MS mouse, Win95.  If I disable the trackpointer
(requires reboot), the problem goes away.

So, does anyone know of a fix for this problem?  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

--

Pat Herbert          saspmh@unx.sas.com