os2 driver for AHA 1460 PCMCIA SCSI?

   From: eyrich@zedat.fu-berlin.de (Christoph Eyrich)
   Date: Sun, 17 Dec 1995 00:36:20 +0100 (MET)

   It seems that Adaptec does not provide an os2 driver for the 1460 PCMCIA-
   SCSI adapter (I couldn't find it on their ftp site). What driver do those
   of you running Warp use?

Under Warp, you should install SCSI support for the AHA-152x adapter,
then replace the file "\os2\boot\aha152x.add" with the updated version
available from the adaptec ftp site.  The updated driver is stored in
the "os2" directory -- I think the full path is "/pub/BBS/os2/" or
something similar.

Caveat:  The current version of the driver on their site has a serious
bug -- if you boot the machine and the card isn't plugged in, OS/2
will crash with a trap.  Adaptec claims that they are working on a
fix.  The previous version of the driver did not have this bug, but it
doesn't work on some recent machines (in particular, the TP760); I've
been using the previous driver for many months on a TP755C with no
trouble.

If you want the previous driver, let me know and I'll put it on our
ftp site.