Re: 760cd mpeg demo

On Mon, 11 Dec 1995, Michael MacDonald wrote:
> Actually, I can't view it through the demo app either (also a blank
> screen). I can only display it via Media Player.
>
> On Sun, 10 Dec 1995 sunderam@cs.utk.edu wrote:
>
> > Did you say you had to change some setting in order to get the
> > mped "true lies" demo to work? I just get an empty screen
> > with audio in the background. Any suggestions woul dbe appreciated.

Just got my 760cd on saturday. The mpeg demo tells you as it is
installing that you must be running 800x600 65000 colors. Ok, I assume
this is what I have and I also get the blank screen. Check the driver in
windows setup, and it is set for 256. Set it to 65000 and bingo.

BTW, I had ordered with OS/2 and win 3.11. I was told (several times)
that I could not order with 95, in spite of their web page and other
sources. But the machine did come with the 95 drivers and a booklet on
how to upgrade.

Installed 95 pretty much without a hitch. The only thing I have to figure
out is the pcmcia stuff. Cards work with the 95 drivers, but the upgrade
booklet describes specific drivers to load that I cannot find. Also, when
installing 95 from a CD, when it asks you if you want to build the repair
disk just say no. Apparently the cd and floppy are not hot swapable while
installing :^()

Mike Crumrine
crumrine@usa.net