Re: Thinkpad IR port

On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Chris Osborn wrote:
> On Dec. 12 95, 11:44 PST, "Rev. Ben" <samman-ben@CS.YALE.EDU> wrote:
>
> > I've never actually been able to get a good connect over 57600.
>
> I haven't had a problem doing 115200 with my Jeteye IrDA interface
> (the Jeteye *only* does 115200).

Now you get to answer a question for me.  :)

I presume you've tried the IR port under Netscape.  Does it act like
a normal serial port, i.e. point two at each other and they act like
they have a null modem cable in between?  Or do you have to use some
special software which is only available under DOS/Windows/OS/2?
John H. Kim         The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one
jokim@mit.edu       that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I have
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  found it!) but "That's funny ..." -- Isaac Asimov