Re: can someone send me mcifax.drv?

Eugene,

> I haven't been able to get FaxWorks to run since moving to MWAVE 2,
> even after installing the new faxworks voice available on
> ftp.pcco.ibm.com.  I have tracked the error to the driver
> mww\faxtam\mcifax.drv.  When I try to load it from the windows control
> panel, windows (3.1) complains and suggests I should re-install it.
> Since I have downloaded the MWAVE code several times, I can only
> conclude that this driver is corrupt in IBM's ftp distribution of
> Windows MWAVE 2.  To test this theory out, I wonder if some kind soul
> would be willing to send me their (MWAVE 2) driver.  Yours would have
> to have come from some place other than the pcco site.  Odd request, I
> know, but the help line has not been able to help me on this.  Just let
> me know if you're willing to help, and we can arrange for a transfer.
> I use unix for most day to day things, so it'd be great if you have
> access to uuencode.

Before you start receiving numerous copies of the file(s), I think you should
try to download the version from the MWave Web Site.  Their URL is:

	http://watson.mbb.sfu.ca/

I've been using the Mwave 2.0 drivers from the IBM PCCO web site for quite some
time now and have not experienced any difficulties.  I believe the versions
from the MWave web site are quite reliable as well.  Hope this helps.

... patrick

        Patrick Hong Systems Management & Consulting Inc.

        phong@phsmc.synapse.net            (613) 769-1544