ADMIN Re: replies in the tp750 forum

There are times that I have a minor comment in reply to things I see on
this group which I don't think is worth taking everybodys time with.  In
such a situation I will tend to make a comment directly to the sender,
rather than the group at large.  I recommend this procedure.  Three times
now I have had my replies and the replied to's reply to my reply posted to
the group.  This makes me feel guilty for wasting the whole groups time on
a trivial or irrelevant matter.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had
this problem, judging by some of the 'headless replies' I have seen.
People should be more careful about checking the sender field of mail they
receive.  Senders like myself should probably also put a header in their
message indicating that the message did not go to the forum.

Victor Kress
Geophysical Laboratory
5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20015-1305