Mail order Panasonic source ???

Can anyone recommend a *reliable* mail order company that sells the
Panasonic PD SCSI rewritable 650MB combined optical and CDROM drive.   There
are apparently 2 versions:

LF-1000AB (External)   <- this is the one I'm interested in.
LF-1004AB (Internal)

They apparently come with Corel SCSI drivers.

I plan to make the SCSI connection by PCMCIA from a 755c.  Can anyone
suggest whether a New Media "Bus Toaster"  or an Adaptec PCMCIA SCSI card
would be best?

Thanks

>> Jeffrey Friedl <jfriedl@nff.ncl.omron.co.jp> wrote:
>> >Personally, I wouldn't want to use tape except for backups that looked to
>> >be very long term (and I tend to use my backups often to check this or
>> >recover that). I use a Panasonic PD, which can read CD-ROMS, but can
>> >read/write CD-ROM-sized disks at CD-ROM speeds at 650 meg a pop. The
>> >problem WRT your specs is that it's not very portable -- you can carry it
>> >around, but it's clunky (mabye 2" tall, 7" wide, 14" deep).
>>
>> Does the Panasonic PD have a SCSI interface and does it come with a PCMCIA
>> SCSI card?  If not, what card are you using with it?   Are you running under
>> Win95?
>>
>> Is there only one model (PD?)
>
>	Actually, I'd be interested in just the CD-ROM drive from that
>Panasonic package--not the interface, as I already have an Adaptec
>card.  Does anyone know if they'll sell it separably?

\\    Alan McCord
//    Q u a n t u m   R e s e a r c h    L i m i t e d
//    R. Galileu Correia 8-7A
\\    2800 Almada
//    PORTUGAL
\\