Re: TP755Cx and Megahertz modem

On Nov 17,  1:59pm, Kenneth Yee/CAM/Lotus wrote:
> > Two good reasons I can think of:
> >  (1) Getting audio while being connected at 28.8K.
>   <sigh>  I thought the faster 2nd generation Mwave processor
>   was fast enough for simulatenous sound and 28.8K operation?
>   It definitely didn't work under the initial Mwave chip from IBM's
>   first Mwave cards.
>   Is this under OS/2 or Windows that you can't do both at
>   once?

I can't be definitive that it is impossible for audio and 28.8Kbaud
connections to operate simultaneously.  I can say that on my 755CE
under Windows 3.1, anything I have tried (e.g., Netscape bound to PPP
playing an audio file) that involves both sound and modem doesn't
work.  I personally would be amazed if the MWAVE chip has the DSP
horsepower to do both simultaneously.

Regards,
Eugene Fiume.