VESA and modem/sound questions for TP755 CSE

I have a thinkpad 755 CSE (dual scan) and really like it. Question : to run my
favourite game, Flight Simulator 5.1, there seem to be 2 things I can't do.

1) Can VESA be upgraded to 1.2? It is currently 1.01 I think. FS needs VESA 1.2
to run in SVGA mode. Or it has a list of displace boards, and WSC904 or
whatever isn't amongst them.

2) Has anybody succeeded in linking FS to somebody else's Thinkpad computer,
ideally via NULL or the IR port. At the DOS how do you tell the COM1 port to go
through the IR? A buddy and I have had TranXit working from Windows. Also, has
anybody had any luck communicating from with fltsim with the mwave modem?

	Thanks ! Simon
/// Simon Maufe                          ||| MAUFE@TWEETY.DIGSYS.COM          //
/// Daugherty Systems                    ||| 314-432-8200 office              //
/// St Louis                             ||| 314-257-8018 home                //
///                                      ||| 314-694-3207 client office       //
/// All opinions and thoughts are mine and not those of my employer or client /
/// Use anything in here at your own risk                                   \\\