(Fwd) (Fwd) TP HD problems and solutions

I successfully upgraded my HD for TP750 with a standard kit from the
local IBM dealer, to 540MB.  (an IBM OEM disk made in UK)

Two experiences:
*The new case was rather shabby made, in sheet metal. The new disk
had a rather annoying whining noise. I concluded that the sheet metal
case amplified the sound and actually managed to swith the disk over
to the old original plastic case. The sound almost disappeared !!!!
The problem is that the 2 fixing screws are too short for the new
disk in the old case. So: the connector is not fixed to the case and
I should be very careful if I have to take it out.

*With the new disk I succeeded in installing WFW 3.11 and the 32-bit
file system (but not 32-bit disk access). I hade to get heltp from
Microsoft because the installation program did all kinds of
disastrous things and ruined both Windows version. I gad to bypass al
lot of things in config to make it work.

*One question: What is the correct setup for graphic driver in
Windows  for TP  750. Now it is VGA ver 3.0 and all the old things in the old Windows
directory are gone. The display seems more sluggish, have I lost
something ? (some VESA or 8514 or something ??)

I like to have comments on the HD setup and installation, and som
help on the graphic side

Thor yen jensen