Re: Thinkpad Carrying Cases

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995, Don Whiteside wrote:

> I feel so low-tech. I keep my pad in my Wired messanger bag. No padding,

> ... Now, I don't check it when flying or drop it, but it _is_ in

Heck, I *have* dropped mine.  Several times.  Usually from the corner
of my desk (~ 3 feet up) onto a hardwood floor.  I keep getting my
feet tangled in the power and ethernet cables, and when I get up to
leave...  :)

It's a 750 mono.  Has held up well so far (no cracks - yet).
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams