Re: Thinkpad Carrying Cases

>Just wanted to know where is the best (inexpensive) place to purchase
>carrying cases for the Thinkpad.  I am particularly interested in the cases
>made specifically for the Thinkpad's by Port.  The prices from IBM PC Direct
>seem rather high, $89 for the compact carrying case.
>
>Thanks,
>dpark@ucla.edu

IBM's ThinkPad cases are made by Port.  While the price is rather high,
they are of excellent quality.  I have the same one of which you speak
(sorry,  don;t know exact part number,  but it was the $89 one!).  It holds
the TP in a sling so it doesn't get bounced around as much as the cases that
simply strap the laptop directly to the case.  It has a lot of extra space
(I carry a small folio,  and many,  many files/papers in addition to by
power brick).  I particularly like the very roomy exterior pocket.  Finally,
the materials seem to be of a higher grade than others I have seen.  Nylon,
zippers,  hardware appears to be of a heavier type.  I had a Compaq Contura
case that was pretty well shot after about a year ( I am tough on my cases),
the IBM/Port case looks virtually new after 2 months of rugged use.

Good luck,

Joe Wilson
Badger Valve & Fitting
Milwaukee, WI