Re: 28.8 Modems

".....Are there any units in particular that I should
avoid?  How about any that are head and shoulders above the rest?....."

~~~~

we've had nothing but success with the usr sportster 28.8 in our 360's (c, cse)
and 755's (c, cd, cse).  they don't require a client driver, so you can get
away with only loading ss & cs in the config.sys & save some dos memory.  this
may be true of other modems, too, though.  we've had no failures and haven't
found a dialer yet with which the usr won't work-- either with the usr 28.8
pcmcia string, the closest usr string, or the generic hayes string.  i think we
pay around $300-$350 each.

Michael J. Verne
michael_verne@vmedia.com
Systems Analyst, Ventana Communications Group, Inc.