Adaptec SlimSCSI in OS/2

For the past week I have been trying to get my 750C to
recognise the SlimSCSI card in OS/2 to no avail. If somebody
can help I shall be eternally grateful.

My intention is to hook up the NEC 25 (single speed) CDRom
drive to the SlimSCSI; EasyPlay recognises the card as a
"APA 1460 SCSI Host Adaptor" but says its status is "not
ready" (red X).

Besides the Adaptec card, I have also a Megahertz modem and
a Zip Drive on the parallel port as external devices, both
working without problems.

The relevant sections of my Config.Sys are as follows:

basedev=aha152x.add - (Adaptec's latest driver from their
Web site)
device=c:\os2\boot\os2cdrom.dmd /Q
BASEDEV=OS2SCSI.DMD
IFS=C:\OS2\BOOT\CDFS.IFS /Q

If anybody can see something wrong or missing, please let me
know. I shall summarize the replies when I have both
working.

Wilson Yip
<wyip@nicotra.com.sg>