Dock 2 availibility

  I'm considering dumping my desktop and getting a Dock 2. (I can  just
abotu swap even) Anyone suggest someplace where I can do better than the
PC Direct $710? Any reason to believe the D2 will be offered at a lower
price when the new dock (for the 760s, and apparently it will be
backwards compatible, according to my IBM rep) comes out in the next few
months?

  Also, any enhanced video on it? Will I be able to do better than 256
colors or is the video subsystem in the 'pad itself all I get?