Linux

Hi all

  This is my first post to tp750.  I work for Vanderbilt University Medical
Center in Nashville Tn. as a Network Tech.  I don't yet own a TP.  My last
employer The Future Now ( a Great Information Technology Solution Provider IMHO
) supplied me with a TP 750 monocrome, with 20 Megs RAM.  I liked it so much I
am looking to buy a new one.

  I am leaning to  getting a 701c and will probable buy in a week or so.  I
would, of course love to hear any coments there might be for or against,
including any problems.

  My last point and the real reason I am posting, is, One of my concerns is the
ablility to run Linux.  I am very interested in the threads relating to the
compatiblity issue.  I am sure I will be even more interested once I get on and
start configuring Linux.

  One question I have at  this time, is, is there a software update already for
the sound chipset inthe TP 701c (Mwave right?)  To make it a 28,8k Modem, or is
14,4k still the speed limit?

Thanks, I am thus far really injoying the group.

Kevan P. Riley

kevan.riley@mcmail.vanderbilt.edu
or
kriley@isdn.net