Buying a Thinkpad

I am ready to buy a Thinkpad. I think I want to buy a TP760CD, 12.1 screen,
1.2Gb drive. From what I understand, with this model, I would get an
external floppy drive, and the capability of mounting a second internal HD.
It would come pre-loaded with Dos, Windows 3.1 and OS/2.

I have received the following quotes:

PC-direct      7449$ - 2 weeks wait time
PC-connection  7245$ - back-ordered - 2 weeks
PCsCompleat    7190$ - back-ordered - 2 weeks
DirectWare     7145$ - shipping now
USA-Flex       6889$ - back-ordered - 4 weeks

I am only now coming to the PC world, so I am not familiar with these
companies. I would appreciate hearing your (good or bad) opinion on my
choice of model, and on the companies I have contacted. I would also like to
hear suggestions for other mail order places I should check.

Thanks for your help.

Serenella Ciongoli