New 755cx Reboots Spontaneously

TP'ers:

We just took delivery of a 755cx (24 MB, 3rd party; 810 HD).  Right
out of the box, OS2 would not boot; just a looping boot attempt.  We
booted from a floppy and found the os2 program on the HD to set the
boot option to DOS, which is what we wanted anyway.

DOS boots fine.  Windows starts and runs but will spontaneously
reboot.  I detect no pattern in this behaviour.

Next, I plan to run HW diagnostics and then reinstall Windows.

Any suggestions are most welcome.  Please respond directly and I will
summarize.

Thanks.

Rick
rtg@ornl.gov