Re: Just purchased 760cd

Michael MacDonald <macd@panix.com> wrote:
>I just purchased a 760cd via PC Direct. I paid ~$8800, since I also
>ordered a 16mb upgrade. The sales rep said that I should expect
>delivery in a week and a half, which is stunning considering the time
>I waited for the 755cd (4 months!).
>
>I'll post a full review once it arrives. Can't wait!! :-)
>
>Michael MacDonald
>macd@panix.com
>mmacdon1@tinker.hofstra.edu

I placed an order with PCs Compleat last Thursday before it came out.
Paid $7199, about $300 cheaper than PC Direct.  Also, you BOUGHT the IBM
RAM!  They are way overpriced!  Expect Kingston and Apricorn to come out
with the 16MB ram in about 2 to 3 weeks.  Also, the 760 can actullay go
up to 128Mb RAM (not 40).  It has two slots for RAM.  And IBM (and third
parties) will be making 64MB RAM cards soon.  You might want to stop
your order for the IBM RAM... (The RAM from Apricorn almost cost HALF!)

I am waiting for my 760CD too! :)

Wai_Shan_Lam@Brown.edu