Re: TP 760 Memory

On Mon, 9 Oct 1995 Paul Rubin wrote:

>I thought the 755's also used 3.3 volt memory, and the CX
>is definitely non-parity.  The battery probably changed
>because the physical layout changed (plus they like to sell
>everyone new stuff).  But the 760's have a removable floppy
>and you can put a 2nd battery into the floppy bay, so you
>can hot swap or automatically switch over.

Yes, that's behind my original question about 760/75x memory compatibility.   IBM explicitly says in its product announcement that the batteries for the TP 755 will not work in any 760 system.   However, I could not find a similar comment about memory compatibility.   They simply say they are using "new" memory modules, whatever that means.

Could some kind soul test this out for certain i.e. will TP75x DRAM cards be recognised in a TP760 machine?

Thanks in advance

Jack