PCMCIA 3c589 card on a think pad

   does anyone have any success with 3c589 and a think pad ?
   My customer has a thinkpad but it is not recognised under
   Warp Connect.

   He has tried the 3Com ftp site without success.

For some reason the current drivers for this card are stored in a
strange place:

   ftp://ftp.3com.com/pub/adapters/patches_fixes/3c589n.exe

Use this file to create the adapter diskette.  When you install
Connect, tell it you have such a diskette, and when it asks for the
location, tell it to use "a:\ndis\os2\".

This can be done after the fact if Connect is already installed, but I
don't remember exactly how -- see the on-line documentation.

I don't know why Connect doesn't contain this driver.  It seems pretty
silly as the 3c589 is a very popular card and works well in all of the
operating systems I've tried.